The British Game Alliance are currently advertising for a new Managing Director; you can read the application below:
The British Game Alliance promotes game across all sectors as the official marketing board for game meat. Running its ‘British Game’ assurance scheme for participating shoots and game farms, allows members to boast ‘best practice’ whilst accessing new markets and benefiting from the continual increase in the value of game.
The primary purpose of the BGA is to promote the consumption of game. The BGA Standards cover the marketing of game and ethical issues from egg to plate which relate to consumer confidence and wider social concerns.
Responsibilities principally include:
- The post will involve travel within the UK and occasional overseas travel
- To formulate and deliver the corporate strategy, whilst continuing to enhance the reputation of BGA.
- To continually raise the profile of BGA and work with a wide range of stakeholders and interested parties, government and regulatory bodies, industry and the media.
- Ensure the development and delivery of the shoot and game farm assurance scheme across all stakeholders, including this as a product for the food industry.
- Collate and use information on market research for game consumption and sales, developing the vision of field to fork.
- To lead a team of six individuals, ensuring they deliver against agreed objectives with a strong collective responsibility for decision making, ensuring effective financial management.
- Understand the shooting environment and the issues facing the industry.
- Work with a variety of organisations to leverage resources and contacts to ensure key objectives are achieved.
The following are desirable:
- Knowledge of the food sector and its supply chain.
The role will be based in London but with the possibility of flexible working arrangements. Regular travel throughout the UK and sometimes overseas. Start date ASAP.
The closing date for applications for this vacancy is 24th January 2020. Interviews will be held on the 3rd February in London. Start date for successful candidate ASAP.
We ask that applicants send in a concise but detailed covering letter as to why they believe they are the appropriate candidate for the role and how they see the BGA developing going forward.
Please send CV’s and covering letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on 28th January and the 3rd February 2020.
To see the full application, visit: https://www.britishgamealliance.co.uk/job-opportunity-managing-director/